Friday 27 May 2016

Loving & Loathing feat Estee Lauder & Rimmel BB Creams


 Hello my lovelies, how are you?
I hope you are all feeling well?
Today I thought I would do something a little different and do a loving or loathing any make up or beauty product that I have been using over the past few weeks or months. 
Today I have decided to start with BB  creams from Rimmel and Estee Lauder. Before you start thinking, woah that isn't exactly fair is it? I would like you to think about this? Is it really fair to put an expensive product up against a cheaper version or something similar? Well I think ye it is as I really don't believe in you get what you pay for as I really don't think that is necassarily true. 
I love all things beauty and love both high end and cheaper alternatives and I will admit that I do have more higher end bits but that is because I genuinely love them. 
 I also have to say that I do regular decluttering and I am always ruthless with my rule of thumb being if I havent used it in the past 6 months to a year, then it is going to a friend or family or even the bin if it has been used too much or expired (which rarely happens with me t0 be fair).

So what do I actually think of each product?

Rimmel Matte BB Cream in light £6..99 here: I seriously think this is amazing, it literally helps to keep my oily t zone matte with no fading whatsoever, which is a big deal for me especially now that I am older. It is so easy to blend, the shade is a perfect match and it lasts from 7am to 10/11pm when I get around to taking my make up off. I love it so much that I have bought another 1 even though this is just over half used.

Estee Lauder BB Cream in Light £34 here: In the winter is the only time that I can get away with wearing this as my skin is leans towards more normal/dry than combination. Having said that, it really isn't my favourite by a long shot and I haate to wear it when it is vaguely warm as it disappears within the hour on me. It literally leaves me looking like a hot sweaty mess in warm weather even with a great mattifying powder. In the cold months it is moisturising and lasts a little over 4 hours without primer and not much longer with primer. I really would not recommend this to anyone with oily/combination skin at all in any weather. 

I highly recommend the Rimmel bb cream over the Estee Lauder bb cream without hesitation and then when you think of the difference in price, why is the EL not better? Don't get me wrong, I love the EL doublewear light ( you will see that pitted against another Rimmel foundation soon) and have nearly finished the bottle with me also now having purchased a back up of it. I just cannot recommend the EL bb cream Sorry.

Have you tried either of the BB creams that I have talked about today? Did you like or loathe either of them and do you have any recommendations?



It is that time where I say goodbye,
just remember that life is short, 
enjoy it and love one another.
Until the next time,
Ta TA for now.

Luscious Lass
xxxx









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.