Sunday 3 January 2016

Urban Decay Naked Basics 1 & 2 Dupes featuring Make Up Revolution Iconic Elements


  Hello my lovelies, how are you?
I hope you are all feeling well after the New year celebrations?
Today I thought I would share with you amazing dupes for my favourite everyday eyeshadow palettes: the Urban Decay Naked Basics 1 & 2. These palettes are amazing and I am almost on pan in the basics 1, which goes to show that I love them pretty much more than anything else I own and that is a heck of a lot I can tell you.
Anyhow, what is the palette that has made me love it nearly as much as the UD versions? It can only be Make up Revolution really, can't it? It is the Iconic Elements palette (here) on the MUR website for £4.
 When these were released I was surprised that MUR both dupes in the 1 palette, it would have been more lucrative if they made 2 palettes, I know I would have bought both as I already know that the quality from MUR is incredible from a budget brand. I am impressed with the quality so much so that I do own a fair amount of their products.
The packaging is simple & sleek, sturdy and looks really nice, it's not the most beautiful packaging but that does not bother me in the slightest. My only gripe with the packaging is that I wish the eyeshadows themselves were a tad wider as it can be a bit of a struggle getting a eyeshadow brush in there though again, that isn't too big of an issue to be fair. 
  The eyeshadows themselves are pretty impressive, the pigmentation is pretty darn good with a lovely soft texture. They can be a tad powdery but again, that is not an issue if you tap off the excess and use an eyeshadow primer.
Even if  MUR had brought out 2 palettes to dupes the basics 1 & 2, they would still be a heck of a lot cheaper at to buy at £4 than the UD equivalent at £23 each. You could do 1 heck of a MUR order for the cost of UD and you would have more than a full face of make up to boot.
Don't get me wrong, I love my UD basics palettes and will repurchase both of them but that is only because I have had these a whole year and still not quite hit pan on them. I love them as they suit my skin type more and last a whole lot longer that the MUR equivalent. Don't get me wrong, the MUR eyeshadows last a good while with primer on the majority of my eye but I have hooded eyes and sadly, for me, they don't stick around in my crease even with primer. I do love the palette and use it for days I am not going to be needing my eyeshadow to last longer that a couple of hours.
If you don;t have hooded eyes, the Iconic Elements is an amazing palette I would recommend this palette of the UD basics as it really is that good. I am a tad gutted that it doesn't last to long in my crease and outer v but that is again, only because of how hooded my eyes are.

Have you tried the MUR elements palette? What are your thoughts? Do you have any recommendations that you think I should try?

It is that time where I say goodbye, just remember that life is short, enjoy it and love one another.

Until the next time,

Ta Ta for now.



Luscious Lass

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.