Monday 7 September 2015

Decluttering

Hello my lovelies, how are you?
I hope you are all doing OK?

I thought I would share with you something a little different for me, a decluttering post.
Every 3-6 months, I literally go through all of my make up, nail polish, clothes and beauty items to see what there are that I don't use for whatever reasons.
In this particular post I will just focus on the make up and nail polish that I am either giving to a friend or just plain old fashioned binning and I will explain why I will be binning some of the items in a minute.
In the first picture is  just to show you what I will be getting rid of in one form or another, I know it looks like a lot but please bare in mind that I do have alot of beauty items from swaps, sales, hauls & samples that take up a lot of room that I just do not have. So, things that I don't use have to go in one way or another.
In the 2nd picture are items that I am passing on to family and friends as for 1 reason or another, these items, do not work for me eg the Loreal mascara (unopened) is a glitter mascara and that is something that does not appeal to me and it did come as GWP (gift with purchase), the estee Lauder nail polish is too pale for me and does not suit me so will pass that on to a lovely lass I know. There are lip products there that are sadly either too dark, too bright or just too pale. The lip liner is a brown that does not suit me, the baked shimmer palette has too much glitter in it and the Rimmel matte powder is too drying for my skin and these are things that work for family members and a couple of my friends, so win win for everyone.
In the 3rd picture are items that I am sadly going to have to put in the bin (please don't shout at me, there are good reasons for it).
The New Cid wardrobe palette I have been trying for the past year to make it work for me but I genuinely hate this palette, it is 1 of the worst I have ever had the misfortune to use (full review here)  The Pure tinted under eye roll on didn't work for me as it was too thin and too dark, because it is for eyes, I would never dream of passing it on because it can cause eye infections and no one wants to risk that.
All of the nail polishes are sadly either dried out or too gloopy of a formula to use and no matter what I tried I could not fix the problem (review of Glitter Babies angels here). I was seriously gutted about these but luckily, there were are fair few that made up for it and the lady I purchased them from sent a fair few extras anyway, so it wasn't too much of  a heartbreak to bin this little lot.
Make Up Revolution make up primer is being put in the bin because no matter how much I tried, it just did not work for me and to be fair, there was not that much product in there to start with. A first disappointment form MUR for me but that has not put me off as they have so many other wonderful products that they are allowed to not be 100% perfect.
What do you think? DO you regularly declutter your beauty items?
I love doing this as it is really cathartic and peace inducing for me.
I can't stand having a large collection and prefer to let things go than have a hoarding situation going on.

It is that time where I say goodbye. Just remember that life is short, enjoy it and love one another.

Until the next time, 
Ta Ta for now.

Luscious Lass
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.