Thursday 4 September 2014

1 Brand FOTD: Natural Collection

Hello my lovelies, how are you?
I hope you are all keeping OK?

I am going to do a 1 brand face of the day with first impressions, over the coming monthsand hopefully see how they work out. I will give each item a score out of 5, 0 beig the worst and 5 being phenominal.
 For me, buying a beauty item for  a large amount of  amount of money and it not work, breaks my heart, not to mention my bank balance lol. I just want to find the best products for me for a decent price. Don't get me wrong, I will pay the extra amount of money if the product is excellent but it really does have to be excellent.

 

Onto the brand that I am going to feature today: Natural Collection. 
Natural Collection can be found in Boots, in store or online and all items are priced at £1.99 each and are regularly featured in a 3 for £5 offer. 
Tinted moisturiser in shade natural: This TM was such a pleasure to blend in and made my skin glow, I have had it on for over 6 hours now and it has lasted this long really well. It is moisturising but started to dry out my skin at 1pm and that is a little bit of an issue for me but can easily be solved with a moisturising face mist. I will continue to use this to use it up but only for day to day when I'm doing the shopping or doing the school run. I will not repurchase only because I think there are better Tm out there for that little bit extra money, though I do like this one. 
2.5/5

Concealer: This is in the shade fair and I think it is way too orange and dark for it to be considered to be fair. The consistency is thin but not runny and blends really well. It doesn't last very long and I definately won't be repurchasing.
1/5


Corrector stick in shade green: This is a stick formula to neutralise red patches on your skin. It is creamy but it is very drying though if you moisturise beforehand, it could work. I will not repurchase.
0.5/5
Eyeshadow duo & single eyeshadow in shades vanilla/plum and crushed walnut: They don't have the best pigmentation but they have more than enough to build up to a beautiful look. They are soft but you can feel that they are powder eye shadows and surprisingly, they didn't give much fall out. I would buy more from the eye shadow selection.
2/5

Watergaurd mascara in black: I must admit that I have bought this mascara many times before and I always will. I love this mascara, it is the best mascara I have ever tried and I have used a good few over the years. I highly recommend this mascara.
5/5


Blusher in shade sweet cheeks: Boy, is this a beautiful blusher. It is so soft to touch, the pigmentation is buildable to such a beautiful glow on the cheeks, perfect for  daytime and evening when built up. I will definately be buying more from this range.
3/5
Lipstick in shade Rose bud: This lipstick is actually a beautiful MLBB shade, I love it. I'm not a fan of the scent but its not too much of a problem for me. It is very creamy and very very pigmented. It wont last all day but that is expected with such budget brand and that will not bother me. Will I buy more, probably not but only because my love lies elsewhere for budget make up and you will see where in a future post.
1.5/5

Tinted lip balm in shade blackcurrent bonanza: I hate this. I really really hate it, it is horrible. There are little lumps of bits in it that feel awful on the lips, it is too sticky and does not tint the lips. It feels more of a gloss than a lip balm. I definately would not buy anymore let alone recommend it.
-10/5

I am pleasantly surprised at just what I liked and didn't like with this brand to be honest. Although, I knew I loved the mascara and I had heard good things about the blushers before, so I hoped that I would love the rest of the items and I think Natural Collection do have some lovely products and I will definately be trying some more of the blushers and the eyeshadows to see how they compare to what I already have.
What do you think?
Have you tried Natural Collection before and are there any products that you would recommend?
 
That is it for now, until the next time, dont do anything that I wouldn't do.
Just remember that life is short, enjoy it and love one another.
Until the next time,
Ta Ta for now.

Luscious Lass
xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.