Wednesday 10 September 2014

Elf Moisturising lipstick

Elf Moisturising Lipstick Rosey go Round Review

Hello ladies, how are you?
I'm in a writing mood and I have written out 4 posts so far and I have, at least, another 5 planned. Talk about cracking the whip lol.

This post is going to be about Elf's moisturising lipsticks in the shades Rosey-Go-Round and Wink Pink.

 I bought the new moisturising lipstick in the shade Rosy-go-round. The packaging is the new style, made of metal and is square in shape. I love the new packaging. So beautiful. I have seen it before on the lip exfoliator (I cant do a review on that as my daughter broke it and will have to repurchase at some point in the future but I do highly recommend it). Also, there is a colour band all the way around to show you the shade of the lipstick itself. I like that.
Now onto the actual lipstick itself.
Eek where do I start?I guess I will do the negatives first. It is not moisturising in the slightest It dragged against my skin when i swatched it and it feels more like a matte lipstick, When I wear it, I have to wear a lip balm with it which is very disappointing for me. The pigmentation is not great, as you can see below, to get the full impact of the colour you have to really bang it on but wow! when you do, HA I love it.
Now onto the positives: When I put on the lipstick, there are almost 3 separate shades and each shade is as gorgeous as the next. However, when it is on at its full intensity, its is truly beautiful. There are a lot of shades for you to chose from.
The packaging is stunning, the scent is gorgeous and it makes me want to want to lick it. However, for me, I definitely have to invest in one more just to see if the one I have  is from a bad batch because for it to claim its a moisturising lipstick when it is so far from having the moisturisation it claims to have, puts me off.
When I have bought a new one, i will update this post and let you know what I think but if you would like to try one for yourself, you can buy it from the Elf website here.
I have recently made an order with Elf and bought 2 more of the moisturising lipsticks and I can catergoically say that I definately got a bit of a dud lipstick in the Rosey go Round lipstick as the 2 that i have bought, are unbelievably soft and go on my lips like butter. There is no drag against the skin and the pigmentation is definately a whole lot better than Rosey.


Have you bought one of these lipsticks?  I would love to hear what you think of them, please leave your comments below.

Until the next time, this is me for now. Have fun and don't do anything I wouldn't do.
Just remember that life is short, enjoy it and love one another.

Until the next time
Ta Ta for now.

Luscious Lass
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.