Sunday 2 August 2015

1 Brand FOTD Featuring MUA


Hello my lovelies, how are you?
I hope you are all keeping well?

Today I thought I would share with you a 1 brand FOTD featuring an amazing budget brand MUA (Make Up Academy). 


I do have to say that when MUA first arrived on the scene, I was a tad snobby because of the price point though that is because the only other budget brands that I had had any contact with was the likes of Laval, Constance Corral and when I was younger (a long long time ago) they really were terrible though they might have improved I don't know. And the only other busget brand around when MUA came out was ELF (Eyes lips face) which I love and made me branch out of my comfort zone to try MUA. Boy am I glad that I did.


So, when I was sent some MUA bits in a swap a few years back, you could have knocked me down with a feather with just how brilliant a fair few of their products were (and are). I thought it was about time I gave some love to MUA.


Undress your skin foundation Beige here £5: I have had this foundation before and I absolutely loved it, however, as I am now in my 40's my skin has changed somewhat and leans towards combination than the dry/sensitive it used to be. And now, sadly, this foundation does not work for me anymore as it sinks into my pores, clings to any dry spots I have and it congealed around my nose areas. This is not great unless you have normal to dry skin. 2/5


Pro-Base Argon Plush Concealer in Fair here £3: I thought this was going to be drying but surprisingly, it was nice & creamy. Having said that, it did cling slightly to dry patches. It was a tad darker than I expected it to be and is definitely not fair. It does conceal blemishes, redness, though is a tad drying & flaky for the under eye area. It did last a few hours but not long enough for a full day. It does fade even with a decent primer and setting spray. 2/5


Cover & Conceal Concealer Light here £1.50: This has a thin consistency and is not great a concealer, having said that, it is good as an under eye brightening concealer. 2.5/5

MUA Stick concealer £1: I had to use this on my blemishes as it worked slightly better at concealing though I definitly wouldn't recommend it if you have combo/dry skin as it clings like crazy to dry patches. 1/5


Pro-Base Prime & Conceal here: I wasn't expecting much from this as I have tried a fair few more expensive versions and wasn't blown away by them but this little beauty, surprised the heck out of me. It is hydrating, corrects under eye circles (not 100% but more than enough to make me look less dead in the morning) and lasts a good few hours. 3/5


Matte Palette here £4: I am a big fan of MUA eyeshadows and the palette form is no exception. This little beauty is reasonably good, the shadows, swatch beautifully on the hand but doesn't transfer quite as well on the eyelids. Having said that, I did get a fair few lovely looks with this and I am happy that I have tried it out. I will be passing this on though as I have a fair few matte palettes that I like better. 2/5

Mascara Shade 1 (clear) here £1: I have purchased this before so knew what I was getting when I purchased this. I don't use it as a mascara as it does sting my eyes, I use it as an eyebrow gel. It doesn't tame them for any great length of time though does the job long enough for a school run when I really can't be bothered with even trying too hard. 2/5


Mega Volume Mascara shade black here £2: There are literally only 2 things I like about this mascara, 1) it doesn't sting my eyes and 2) it is waterproof. It is not volumising in the slightest, in fact, I would go as far as saying it makes my already small lashes look even smaller. 1/5


Blusher shade 4 here £1: I have to say that this is 1 of my favourite blushers and have a few from their range, I can't rate this little beauty highly enough. 5/5

Sweetsheen Lip Balm French Voilet here £2: I love these little beauties. I have never suited a blue toned lipstick before and here I am, rocking a blue toned lilac lipstick. How cool is that? I now own a fair few of these and think everyone should own at least one. 5/5

Pro-Base prime & conceal powder here £4:  I have a little bit of a love/hate relationship with this powder, I love the effect this powder has, it corrects and even conceals, (slightly) but, for me, it just does not last long enough. It works great if I only have make up on for a couple of hours but if I need it to last all day, this does not do the job. 2/5

I have been giving this little lot a good old run for their money to see which items, if any, will stay or which will be passed on to friends and family. I have to say that I was surprised what stayed and what was passed on: Undress your skin foundation, Argon concealer, concealer (stick form), matte palette, volume mascara are what were passed on or put in the bin (for hygiene reasons).



It is that time where I say goodbye, just remember that life is short, enjoy it and love one another.







Until the next time,

Ta Ta for now.


Luscious Lass

xxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.