Friday 31 July 2015

Battle of the Urban Decay Naked 3 dupes feat W7 In the Nude


Hello my lovelies, how are you?
I hope you are all feeling well and taking advantage of this gorgeous weather.
Today is the final round of the Battle of the Urban Decay Naked palettes and it is the turn of the Naked 3 palette. I am pitting the W7 In the Nude palette up against the UD Naked 3, we all know that the UD eyeshadows are amazing with super pigmentation, amazing longevity and are just plain old phenominal.  UD shadows are hard to beat though I don't expect any of the dupe palettes to be on par with the UD eyeshadows, that would be unfair especially as you expect a heck of a lot more for the money.
 Ok, I guess it is time to get on with the battle, enjoy....
Dupability: The W7 eyeshadows are not 100% dupes, though, having said that, there are some that are pretty darn close that you could get a 99% similar look with the W7 eyeshadows though there are some that are not even in the same colour scheme (trick, factory & blackheart) 2/5 
Formula: These eyeshadows are definitely a better formula than the W7 Lightly Toasted, having said that, the formula is a tad powdery with a fair bit of fallout (definitely needs an eye primer). 2/5
Pigmentation: This is a disappointment to me as the pigmentation was not amazing and for the price, I would usually forgive that but literally, the majority of the shadows needed alot of building and still didn't have amazing pigmentation. 1/5
  Wear-time: These do last just over 4 hours before fading which isn't too much of an issue for days were it doesn't matter too but if I need my make up to be on all day, I want it to last and this didn't fair much better with eyeshadow primer. 1.5/5

  Ease of purchase: The W7 palettes are notoriously difficult to get a hold of, however, since I have started this series, they have become more readily available in beauty shops and online. 5/5
  Packaging: I can't knock the packaging, it is lovely to look at, sturdy and the shadows didn't shatter when they took a battering from my little girl the other day. 5/5

Quality: I am very disappointed with the quality of this palette compared to the previous In the buff palette, I feel as though they rushed everything about this palette just to get it out there. 1/5

Value: This little tinker can range in price though I find the RRP £9.99 to be too much for it and would happily pay the cheapest @ £4.99 for it. 3/5

Overall thoughts & score: The W7 palettes have been the most disappointing for me as the quality from all of the dupe palettes ( I have an eye shadow quad (Naked Nudes) that is brilliant), have been inconsistent, I disliked the lightly toasted though loved the lightly toasted. The In the nude is a meh palette sadly and will not repurchase.  21/40

So unbelievably disappointed with In the Nude, I really would not recommend it at all, it really isn't great. Have you tried any of the W7 palettes? What are your thoughts on them? The next in the firing line will be the Make Up Revolution Iconic 3 palette, will it fair much better? I guess we will have to wait and see.


It is that time where I say goodbye, just remember that life is short, enjoy it and love one another.

Until the next time,
Ta Ta for now.

Luscious Lass
xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.