Tuesday 16 June 2015

1 Brand FOTD featuring Essence

Hello my lovelies, how are you?
I hope you are all feeling well?

Today I am going to be doing something a little bit different: a 1 brand face of the day. Everything I wore today is from the brand Essence. 
I do like Essence make up and have to say that I do have a fair few of their items. I have been using these products for a while now and can give a decent review of each item, so, without further ado, here goes nothing.


All About Matte Primer: For me, this was not the best, it made it difficult for me to blend the foundation and concealer. I did try it with other foundations, BB creams and tinted moisturisers and it did exactly the same. I just did not like this primer 1 little bit.


Soft & Natural foundation shade Sand Beige: This is a very light to non existent coverage, it just did not cover anything, it was more like a BB cream for me. Having said that, it does blend well though it did cling to dry patches and my skin is more combination than anything and can lead to very. very dry.  After a couple of hours, I had to take it off as it started to sting my skin. Not great.


Concealer: I love to use this over the Seventeen corrector to brighten my eyes, though I didn't do that today. It is a thin formula but that just makes it easier to build. It does not cake and is great for highlighting. It isn't the best at concealing though I  would recommend as a brightening concealer.

All about sunrise eyeshadow palette: This is a very pretty palette and the eye shadows are very soft & buttery. The gold eyeshadow on the bottom right of the palette did crumble when using it so I had to be careful when using the others. They do last a couple of hours without primer and just over 5 hours before they start to wear away with primer. Not too bad really.

All eyes on me waterproof mascara in black: I do love this mascara once it has dried out a bit as it is a very, very wet formula and can become very messy. It gives amazing length and does volumise slightly though not a great deal. If you have sensitive eyes, this is definately something I would not recommend you to buy as I can only wear this for a couple of hours maximum before I have to remove it.

Nude eyeshadow shade 02: I love this pale pink eyeshadow, the shade is just stunning but sadly, on me anyway, it just crumbled, creased and caked up something terrible. This is something that would work if you don't have fine lines.


Nude eyeshadow in shade 05: Now this, is weirdly the same formula as the 02 eyeshadow but is the exact opposite. I LOVE this gorgeous eyeshadow. This little tinker stayed put for over 8 hours without primer and was still there at 11pm when I when I have worn it with primer. Brilliant.

Blush up blusher blush shade 10: I blooming love this beauty, it is perfect for this time of year. It gives such a beautiful pop of colour to the cheeks and lasts for hours. Highly recommend this gorgeous blush.


XXXL long lasting lip gloss matte effect shade 06: I have 2 of these little tinkers and they are gorgeous. They are so velvety soft and smell just heavenly. They don't last overly long on the lips but I don't mind reapplying lip products anyway. Love this.

So there you have it, my first 1 brand FOTD, did I do OK? 

If you like the look of  any of the make up, you can get them from the Wilkos website here
Have you tried any of  the Essence make up? 
What are your thoughts and are there any products that you think I should try?

 

It is that time where I say goodbye, just remember that life is short, enjoy it and love one another.

Until the next time,
Ta Ta for now.

Luscious Lass
xxxx















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.