Thursday 25 June 2015

Urban Decay Naked 2 Battle of the Dupes Feat MUA


 Well hello my lovelies, how are you?
I hope you are all keeping well

Well, what do you know? 
It is that time again where I put a sexy little palette from a budget brand up against the might of Urban Decays Naked 2 palette. I think today, it has to be from MUA (Make up Academy) with undressed too available here for £4.
I have to say that I am a tad biased on the undressed too palette as I have repurchased this a number of times though I won't let that cloud my judgement on the comparability to the other palettes in the battle. 
If you would like to see what I thought of the previous palette, W7 In the Buff, you can see that here
The original Undressed palette won in the battle for the title of queen of UD Naked dupe, can it win again? We shall see. So, without further ado, I will start with what I think.


Dupability: For me, this doesn't even come close to being a great dupe as the majority of the shadows don't even come close to being the same shade as the UD Naked 2. They do look very similar in the pan but when you swatch & wear them, not even close. Having said that, I do like this as a stand alone palette and can come up with some beautiful looks with it. 2/5



Formula: I love the formula of the shadows, they are so soft and buttery, giving the impression of almost being a cream. I love these. 4.5/5
 



Pigmentation: The pigmentation compared to the UD palette it just does not even come close but as a stand alone palette, it is pretty damn good, especially for the price point. There are some that I had to really work at but they are buildable. 2.5
 

 Wear-time: These shadows did last over 4 hours without a primer and over 6 with my UD primer. I am impressed. 3/5


 Ease of purchase: This little beauty is readily available in Superdrug and online. Impressed much. 5/5



 Packaging: I quite like the simplicity of the packaging, it is crisp, clean and sturdy. I do prefer the circular eyeshadows compared to the other palettes in the battles. All in all, not too bad. 4/5

Value: For £4, you really can't go wrong with Undressed too and with 12 eyeshadows, it makes each shadow just 34p each, now who can complain about that? It's a cracking little palette with such versatility and small enough for travel. Happy days. 5/5

Quality: For me, this little baby is amazing quality and would recommend it to anyone though I will knock 1 point off for having to repurchase it at least 3 times in 1 year. 4/5

Overall score:  If I didn't know the price point of this palette, I would have expected it to cost more and I also know for a fact, that this is a much better palette than the much more expensive New Cid Palette I have had and reviewed here.  30 /40

I think MUA do brilliantly with their palettes and would definately say try them out, especially if you are on a budget as the value on them is second to none and MUA do very well with their make up overall. A lovely budget brand that I have a great many of their make up items that I repurchase all the time and look forward to when they bring out new lines. 
Have you tried MUA? What are your thoughts?
 
For the next battle of the UD Naked 2 dupes it is the turn of Make up Revolution. Can they beat MUA? They were literally 0.5 of a point behind MUA, have Revolution upped their game? We shall see in the next instalment of Battle of the dupes.

It is that time where I say goodbye, just remember that life is short, enjoy it and love one another.

Until the next time,
Ta Ta for now.

Luscious Lass
xxxx









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.