Friday 2 January 2015

FOTD & First Impressions featuring Collection and Natural Collection

Hiya ladies, how are you?
I hope you are all well?
I have a FOTD and first impressions post for you today.

 I have bought a few make up items for a future series of posts and I wanted to try them to see what a they are like.
9am
I put the make up on this morning and I will update through out the day to how each item is doing with how it looks, ease of blending, how long it lasts, durability etc. I will alo give a first immpression score out of 5
What I used
The collection Cover & go foundation: 9 am. I put this on with my fingers to get a feel for it and it is light to medium coverage, a nice light texture and covers quite well. It is very easy to blend, is buildable and gives a nice glow.
The concealer part isn't the greatest but it is creamy,though it didn't quite cover my dark under eye circles there was a decent coverage.  12pm: The foundation is still in place and is looking good too as is the concealer. 6pm The foundation was still lightly there but had faded quite a lot but considering the length of time it has lasted,  think for a budget brand it is very good and I will be going out and repurchasing this foundation next week. 3.5
9am

 Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer: 9am. It applied smoothly, gives a good coverage and blends really well. 12pm: Still in place with no fading. 6pm: Still going strong and I didn't have any problems with creasing. Will repurchase this concealer. 3/5

12pm
12pm
Collection Smokey Eyes Palette: 9am. These have surprised me to how soft and pigmented they actually are. I wasn't expecting that. They applied so well and they blended like a dream, now just have to see how they hold up without a primer. 12pm: sadly some of the eyeshadow has come off which has disappointed me but I do have sensitive eyes that water a lot. 6pm: Even though some of the eyeshadow had come off earlier in the day, the rest stayed put and I have high hopes for these with a primer. (I did try the eyeshadows with the Elf mineral eyeshadow primer the next day and worked alot better, though there was still some fading but no where near as the previous day.) I would recommend them if you are after a budget eyeshadow palette to experiment with.2.5/5
Elf  Mist & set spray: I have used this many times before, I don't rate it for making your make up last longer but it is lovely for refreshing your make up and that extra bit of needed moisture throughout the day.2.5/5
Elf Tinted Lip Balm: Also another item I have used before. It gives a lovely tint to the lips. It feels nice on and it is a nice product. It doesn't wow me even though I have bought another 1 in nude. 12pm: this has faded a little but I have had a few drinks and I will be having something to eat shortly. I knew this wouldn't last all day and is easy to re apply. 2/5

6pm
6pm
Natural Collection Blusher: 9am. This is actually a very pretty blusher and I am quite impressed with it. It gives a nice little flush to the cheeks, is soft and super easy to blend. 12pm: Still there and looking great. I am loving this blusher so far. 6pm: This faded slightly but still gave a beautiful hint of colour to the cheeks and I will definately purchase a couple of the other shades. 
Overall, I am quite impressed with everything I have tried today and I will defiantely go out and repurchase a few of them.    
Let me know if there is anything in particular that you would like to see me review and I will see what I can do. 3/5
That is it for now, don't do anything I wouldn't do.
    Just remember that life is short enjoy it and love one another.
 Until the next time,
Ta Ta for now.

Luscious Lass
                      xxxx                            



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.