Thursday 2 July 2015

Tarte CC Primer Stick in Light Review


Hello my lovelies, how are you?
I hope you are all feeling well and loving this stunning weather that we are having at the minute?

Today I thought I would share with you my thoughts on the Tarte CC primer stick in Light. 
I now have a couple of items from Tarte & love every single one though I was expecting the same with this, but sadly, I really, really don't. 
In fact, I dislike it that much that it is probably the 3rd worst make up item I have ever tried and that includes a BB cream that I am allergic to, that bad (for me). I have used this in a 1 brand FOTD featuring Tarte and a fair few times before to try and find a way to make it work for me.


Why do I feel so strongly about this product? 
Well, there are a fair few reasons starting with:

1: it is meant to be light but it is way too dark for me and I have a tan at the moment. 
2: It does not colour correct on me at all and I was seriously caking it on to see what it needed and  it got to the point where I just gave up. 
3: It is meant to be a primer too but nope, it just disappeared into my skin except where it congregated to party around my nose, fine lines, my chin and any dry patches that I had I was having a really good skin day too (or so I thought), it was the same each and every time I tried it. 
4: It smells something terrible. 
5: It was so greasy on me that I needed some serious powder action to kick that cc stick into submission and nope, that didn't work either. 
6: It does not wear well, with or without a primer which defeats the purpose of this being a primer.

Now, to be fair, I have to try and find some of  it's positives, here goes:

1: I like the packaging, its nice and handy, you could just pop it in your handbag and it won't take up alot of room.
 2: You get a decent amount of product and could see it lasting a decent amount of time.
3: It does blend really easily and that is a really good thing.
4: It is quick and easy to use, a couple of swipes, blend with a brush and your base is done in less than 1 minute. It is that quick.




I have to say that I was very disappointed with this CC primer stick because I have got a thing about Tarte and LOVE their eyeshadows & blushers, they are just stunning. I was expecting the same kind of quality from this only for it to let me down. It hasn't put me off trying any of their foundations though as not everything is going to work.I have to say that I am eager to try the mineral foundation as it just looks amazing.

It is that time where I say goodbye, just remember that life is short, enjoy it and love one another.

Until the next time

Ta Ta for now.



Luscious Lass

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.