Saturday 7 March 2015

February Favourites

 Hello my lovelies, how are you?
I hope you are all doing well?

I thought I would share with you a few of my favourite beauty items that I have been enjoying in the month of February and yes, as ever, I am late with this post. It is a new one for me and like a loon, I keep forgetting about it but I intend on getting more organised with this and my February empties.
First off, I will start with the skincare that I have been loving this month:

Bodyshop's vitamin c daily moisturising lotion (available here): At £13, it is a tad expensive for me but Bodyshop are fantastic with their offers and they currently have a couple of different offers for you to choose from here. I have to say that this sinks into my skin easily and does not leave a residue on my skin. It leaves my skin soft and well hydrated, love this.
No7 Soothed & gentle toner: This is my all time favourite and has been in all of my empties posts and will continue to be so. It is £8 but No7 have the vouchers for £3 off make up and £5 off skincare which makes this £3 and alot better for me to swallow when handing over my cash. I fins this to be so gentle and it really does soothe my skin when I am having my sensitive skin days where it is easily irritated. Love this.
Garnier Miceller Cleansing Water: This is available from Boots for £4,99 here and is currently on offer atm. I love this for after I cleanse my face with my facial wipes and it removes any residue or dirt left by the facial wipes. It is so gentle on my skin and refreshing, I love it.
Nivea Rich Regenerating Night Cream: It is £3.95 on the Wilkos website and is also available on Boots for £5.95 thought there is a 3for2 offer on atm for skincare here.  I have to admit that I have only been using this for the past week but so far I am seriously loving this, if it continues to leave my skin feeling like I have skin as soft as a baby's bottom, this will be my go to night cream It sinks into my skin quickly, does not leave any sticky residue and seriously does not irritate my skin. Another great find.
Asda Skin System Face Wipes: At 74p, these do not break the bank and I have to say, that they aren't the bet o the market but I have liked them a heck of a lot better than the Primark ones. If you don't have an Asda near you, they are available on their website here.
Asda eye make up remover wipes: I can't find these on the Asda website  but they were fairly cheap, I think about 74p, the same as the facial wipes but I have been wrong before. These wipes remove my waterproof mascara with no problems, leave no residue and do not irritate my eyes in the slightest. Which makes them a good buy in my mind.
 Make Up Revolution The One Concealer: Oh My GOD where do I start about this bad boy? I mean, this is so creamy and moisturising, it is a dream to work with. And that is before I even get onto the concealer part. I love this for after I have applied my Bobbi Brown corrector (or the dupe in a future post to come) and these 2 work so well together, it is like a dream team of apple pie and custard. They are meant to be and you can buy the ONE concealer for £3 here.
Elf Cosmetics Mineral Foundation in Porcelain: I am in love with this (review here) I have almost finished this foundation and will be doing a haul with them in the not too distant future because this is my go to foundation when I only have 5 minutes to get ready. I just love it. You can purchase it on the Elf website here.
MAC Prep & Prime make up Primer: At £24 this is a tad expensive for me but I will be purchasing this in the not too distant future for a number of reasons. I did have 3 good sized samples and I was able to get a fantastic idea of how this worked for me and I love how hydrating this is, it just adds the extra moisture my skin always needs in the colder months, sinks in easily, does not irritate my skin, it holds my make up in place though it does not make it last any longer but that is not what I look for in a primer ( I get that in the UD setting spray below), a primer for me, needs to soften and prep the skin for a perfect base for my make up and yup, this does it. Available here.
Urban Decay All nighter make up setting spray: The travel size is £9 and available here Oh boy, do I love this or what? My make up does not move when I use this and I have trouble with that. I had a makeover at Chanel and the gorgeous make up the lady did for me literally lasted 20 minutes, it sank into my seriously thirsty kin. This amazing setting spray makes my make up stick around for hours which is just amazing to me. I have tried the De-Slick and it, for me anyway, doesn't work as well as this. I did uhm and ah over getting the full size as I don't like waste and at £21 for the full size, I would be infuriated if it didn't work for me and was usable to use it.
Bourjois Healthy mix Serum Foundation in Vanilla:  This bad boy has to be in my top 5 favourite foundations. This gorgeous foundation gives my dull complexion such a wonderful glow without fail, no matter what issue my skin is throwing at me. This is my go to foundation when I am not testing new foundations/bb creams/tinted moisturisers. I just love this so much. It has a light to medium coverage, blends amazingly well and does not change colour as the day goes on. This also sticks around for a good few hours on my skin even without setting spray. It is currently on the Boots website for £10.99 and all bourgois is on a 3for2 atm here.
W7 Naked Nudes eyeshadow Palette: I was sent this by a lovely lady in a £20 swap that we did with the challenge of doing a full face and this is  is just the stand out of that swap. It is the eyeshadow palette that shoves even the UD naked basics to the back of my palette drawer. I love this for the no make up make up look. They are so buttery soft, there is very little fall out, super pigmented for pale shadows and blend beautifully. I highly recommend these. I have seen them in the pound shops  and they are readily available for £2.60 here. Absolutely stunning for such a cheap palette. Love W7.
Elf Baked eyeshadow in Burnt Plum: Holy guacamole, I nearly swore there. This is seriously the most stunning eyeshadow I own and THAT is saying something. The shade on its own is breathtaking, I love this in the colder months but I do use it in the summer anyway. The pigmentation on this bad boy is just ridiculously pigmented. I will do a review on this as it seriously deserves it. Just stunning. What makes it crazier is the fact that it is only £3.95, it makes it all the more amazing. Available here
Natural Collection Waterproof Mascara: At only £1.99, this mascara seriously blows my mind. I am extremely hard to please with mascaras, I have highly sensitive eyes and I am allergic to so many mascaras, it is unreal. Natural collection is 1 of my all time favourite mascaras out there and I freaking love it. It is only available at Boots but it is readily available and is currently included in the 2 for £3.50 here which is just phenomenal.
Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque: At £19 this took me out of my comfort zone when I handed over the cash, I just wanted to cry. It is so small for the money and even now, it makes me wince to think I handed over that kind of money for this especially when the dupe I have works just as well and is over £10 cheaper but more on that in another post. Don't get me wrong, I do like this, alot but the money will always be an issue for me and I really wouldn not buy this again because of the price point. Enough about the money side of it, why is it in my February favourites if I wont repurchase? Well, if it was cheaper, i would have no issues of buying again as it really does work though I do have to layer it to cover my dark circles and then add on a brightening concealer on top to make it look skin toned. It is a smooth consistency, covers well and doesn't irritate my eyes and it does last a good amount of time. Available here
Make up Revolution Baked Highlighter: Oh boy, yet another knockout product form MUR and at £3, this is a doozy. I have had the other 2 shades of this but they did not suit my skin tone unlike this. There is a little shimmer in this beauty but nothing that worries me too much. You can put too much on though but it is so easy to blend and when you do, you are left with such a stunning glow that you will make men fall to their knees. Available here
Dior Duo Blusher shades 839 Rose Vintage & Vintage Pink: I was lucky enough to win the auction on ebay and I am so happy that i did. I don't really have too many Dior products in my collection and this is a more than welcome addition. It is on the sheer side though is easily buildable. I am seriously scared off of super pigmented blush as I don't like to work too hard on my make up. Easy does it for me lol. This is beautiful with the no make up make up look I like to wear for those days that I cant be bothered spending alot of time on my make up. Perfect.
Tarte Mini Highlighter Angelic: I love this for those days I want to feel extra glamorous as it gives just a little something extra special in the highlighting department. I love this soooo much. Tarte is only available on QVC but this particular shade is not available in the UK as yet though I hope it does come here as I would definately be purchasing the full size of this and a few of the other big guns.
Rimmel Colour Crush Drive me nude: I am completely and utterly in love with this so much so that I went out and bought 2 backs the very next day. It is just stunning. I found it the first time in my local B&M shop for £1.99 and I found it again in the local Poundland which dumbfounded me greatly as they are still on the Boots website for £5.99 and I have found them on the Fragrance Direct website for £2.50 here. I highly recommend these as they are just stunning.
Mac Cremesheen Lip Glass Dee light: This was part of the Christmas set I received for Christmas and wow, it is just beautiful. Sadly, it was a limited edition and not a part of their permanent line but I do hope they bring it in as I would love to purchase this when it runs out. It really is creamy and is the perfect nude for me. I hope to find a dupe with it being limited edition and if or when I do, you will be the first to know about it.
Clinique Chubby stick Super Strawberry: I have bug bare about this particular product, again because of the price point. At £17, I find this seriously overpriced, having said that, I love them so much that I really have been tempted to pay that price for them. I know, crazy huh? However, I do have a few of the sample sizes and I love them. I really do and I think 1 day, I am going to buy 1 of these but I seriously hope that I can find some that are seriously good dupes. Until then, I will have to talk myself out of purchasing these whenever I walk past the Clinique counter.
Bodyshop Lip Butter Chocomania: This is sadly not on the Bodyshop website but there are 6 other sexy lip butters that are the same formula and have some sexy scents, I am eyeing up the shea butter 1 atm here. This little beauty is so creamy that it really gives me a little bit f pleasure each and everytime I use it. Sad I know but hey, we have to enjoy little pleasures when we can. I do absolutely love this that I use it ALL of the time, morning, afternoon and evening, I even put it on when I wake up in the early hours lol.
Orly Fowl Play Nail Polish: Oh my, this sexy little number has its own little review going on here. After checking that out, do you think I like it hehehe. It is just breath taking for me. Love it.
Revlon Parfumerie Autumn spice: I found this sexy piece in Poundworld in the next town over and woah am I impressed. It smells of Christmas. I am serious about how amazing this smells. I look forward to this drying everytime I wear this. Love it so much and cannot recommend it highly enough. I also did a lovely little review of this here
Davidoff Cool Waters Perfume: I love this so much atm, it is so refreshing and I use it as my everyday perfume. Love getting a whiff of this when I take a deep breathe in and it is available here for £13.50 for 100mls.
Bodyshop Dreams Unlimited: This has to be 1 of my all time favourite perfumes for daytime use, it is just so refreshing and I think it has been discontinued. Gutted that I won't be able to buy this again.

What are you current favourites? I would love to hear what you are loving at this moment in time.

it is that time where I say goodbye, just remember that life is short, enjoy it and love one another.

Until the next time,
Ta Ta for now.

Luscious Lass
xxxx







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.