Tuesday 17 March 2015

I Love Make up I heart Chocolate Palette Review & swatches

Hello my lovelies, 
how are you? 
I hope you are all keeping well?

I thought I would share with you my thoughts on Make up Revolution's I heart chocolate palette from the I heart make up line. It is available for £7.99 along with 2 other chocolate bar palettes and I do have them on my wish list too.
For me, budget make up has to be my favourite because, even though I do have a fair few high end make up items, my love will always be with budget brands.
Why?
Mainly because of the the quality you can get with certain brands for literally small change and that is a good thing though with some brands, you do, sadly, get what you pay for. So far though, Make Up Revolution (MUR) does not seem to be one of those brands. I hope that it stays that way.
 For many years, my favourite budget brand has been Elf cosmetics, they are phenomenal for a budget brand and I will love them always. Make up Revolution is a relatively new brand having been around now for a little over a year and are doing pretty well though time will tell if they are going to be around for years and personally, I hope they are.
I do have to own up to a bit of a weakness at the minute for palettes, I am addicted and have a fair few to my name. I love trying out new ones all the time and among my favourites up to now has to be Elf studio 50 piece make up artist palette and Urban decays naked 3. So, MUR have a lot to live up to but can they compete? I guess we will find out soon enough but for now, onto my thoughts on the I love chocolate palette.
The packaging, as I think the whole world and her mother will know by now, looks like a bar of chocolate, though, for me, it does not make me want to lick it let alone eat it hehehe. I don't know if I like the packaging or not, I am still very on the fence about it and I would be just as happy if it was the normal black packaging that they have with all of the other palettes but that is just me. I do love that they have the names of the eyeshadows on the little plastic slip inside, just so you know for future reference.
The eyeshadows? I have to say that I am impressed, the formula in this palette is buttery soft with very little, to no fallout. The pigmentation is pretty damn good as well, I love using this palette and they blend beautifully even with your fingers if in a rush which, for me, can be quite regular.







I have to say that I have purchased a fair few other palettes on the back of this beauty and a few other make up products too so there will be more reviews in the not too distant future.
Do I think MUR are here to stay? Definitely. They are bringing out so many new products monthly that I think they are constantly on the lookout for new ideas, ways to improve their products, what their customers want, lust after and need.  I  do, however,  think that they need to slow down on bringing out so many new products in such a short space of time, (even if it is for me to save face with my bank manager lol). They do already have alot of phenomenal products out, with bringing out at least 3 new products a month. It can become nightmare central as it could start to feel as though they are just bringing out new items for the money and that is not a good thing. For them to keep up with the demand that they have set themselves and will (hopefully not) end up affecting the quality of the products.
I also think that pretty much everyone knows that MUR do alot of their make up based on higher end brands which is great but can become a little tedious if that is all they become known as. I do love a good dupe, as do alot of other people but I buy higher end products as a treat that I save up for and I don't want that taken away when I see a budget dupe for everything I lust after.
I hope they can come up with some original beauties that are all their own . I do think that they are constantly trying to improve each and every product that they already have out.
 I look forward to seeing what else they are going to be bringing out over the coming months. Excited? Moi? Never. I know it sounds contradictory but that is the point, I am still at the point where it is exciting with every new product they bring out and hopefully, that stays. What are your thoughts? DO you think they are bringing out new products too fast? Or do you think they are bringing out the right amount?

It is that time where I say goodbye. Just remember that life is short, enjoy it and love one another.

Until the next time
Ta Ta for now

Luscious Lass
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.